Each year, our students, faculty and staff engage in 50,000 hours of academic service learning and community/civic engagement hours worldwide. This March, in honor of President Douglas G. Lee, the University will continue this tradition of service during the Inauguration Celebration. On campus, in the local community and nationwide, students, faculty, staff and alumni will take pause from their normal schedules and dedicate themselves to the Day of Service.
Join Waynesburg University students, faculty and staff on Saturday, March 22, 2014, and serve your community in honor of President Douglas G. Lee. Help us continue our tradition of service nationwide by signing up to pledge to serve in your community!
- Volunteer at a local non-profit
- Run or walk in a charity race
- Visit a nursing home
- Volunteer at your local humane society
- Work in your local park
- Clean-up along a local road
- Help out families at your local hospital
- Contact an organization such as Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Red Cross, etc. and see what they need
If you are planning to serve, please register by March 1 so you can receive a t-shirt to wear while serving in your community. Be sure to share a photo or update of your service by using the hashtag #WUdayofservice on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.